- SQM 81
* Full linen service available after September 2018
1 Dwelling 5 Acres 0 Neighbours.
Liptrap Loft is a getaway for those who enjoy experiencing wildlife and nature in a charming rural setting.
Liptrap Loft is a handmade house that blends modern Japanese-influenced architecture with recycled materials to create an absolute of one-of-a-kind place. We fell in love with the quirky place and bought it in 2005, from Jim. Jim had sourced interesting recycled materials and built it pedantically by hand. A combination of his passion, his craftsmanship and interest in energy flow can be felt in the overall result.
We started renting the house out to holiday makers soon after. As popularity grew we were able to invest the income back into the property, based on feedback from guests and our vision of how it should grow. To our surprise we really liked having people stay and enjoy the place. It is extraordinary to find so many people who share the passion we have for it. From these humble beginning, it has grown in to Dufflebird - Unique Getaways for the Curious.
Liptrap Loft is probably more like a cabin than a house. Its one big open plan loft with kitchen, dining, living, King 4 poster bed. There is a second room off the main loft which was once the veranda but now an enclosed bed room. The second room has 2 double beds. We say the place is ideal for couples but can sleep 6. There are walkways which connect the house to the laundry building and also the Japanese Bath House. The is a second toilet just next to the front door.
Liptrap Loft is unique and rustic. If you are a “5 star – no less!” type of person, it probably won’t be for you.
Just over two hours south-east of Melbourne, Liptrap Loft is hidden among the lush farmland of South Gippsland between Tarwin Lower and Walkerville on the Promontory Coast. The relatively unexplored nearby coastline is often compared to Tasmania due to its rugged charm and stunning secluded beaches. It’s only a 30-minute drive from Liptrap Loft to Wilsons Promontory National Park. It is 5 minute drive to Walkerville Beach.
Over the years Liptrap Loft has been a finalist and also won some awards:
2009 Take-A-Break State Finalist-Unique Accommodation
2010 Take-A-Break State WINNER- Unique Accommodation
2012 Stayz Group State WINNER- Outdoor Lovers
2013 Stayz Group finalists -2 categories = Outdoor Lovers and Romantic
2013-Stayz Victorian State Winner and NATIONAL WINNER- Romantic
2014- Stayz Group Awards -Very proud finalist in 4 categories:
- People’s Choice
- Pet Friendly
2014- Victorian State Winner and NATIONAL WINNER People Choice Award Stayz Group
2015-Stayz Group state finalist- Romantic
There are three beds.
- A giant Dutch/Indonesian king bed in the open plan living room (sleeps 2).
- There is two double futons in the bed room (sleeps 2×2)
It is best suited to couples, but can sleep 6.
Special features include:
- 5 minutes from Walkerville beach
- 30 minutes from Wilsons Promontory
- A 19th-century 4 poster giant KING bed (bigger than a king and taller than usual, imported from Holland, and found in Jakarta)
- Japanese bath house with soak tub
- Wood fired heater with generous wood supply included
- Unique restored Oregon couch setting imported from USA
- Forest walk around the 5 acres
- 2 mountain bikes for guests to use
- Roofed outdoor dog enclosure with kennel
- 2 Dog beds for inside and outside
- Dog chain and lead
- Lawn bowls and cricket set
- Italian style stovetop coffee maker and French press (plunger)
- BBQ (4 burner with hood), quality cookware, wine glasses and essentials
- Basic provisions like olive oil, spices, tea, coffee, Vegemite and Glad Wrap
- Only dwelling on 5 acres. You can’t see any other houses.
- Very private and secluded
- Local info and tips sent on enquiry
- Seamless process from enquiry to checkout
- Pedantic and dedicated cleaner/caretaker
- Ideal for couples, but can sleep 6
- Pets and children welcome.
Linen is included for the King bed (not many people have King bed linen). Bring your own double bed linen for extra 2 beds.
Pets are welcome both inside and out, but definitely not on the furnishings and beds. Please advise us before-hand of intention to bring pets. There is a dog enclosure if needed to leave dogs unattended for short periods of time. Please remove all dog poo from he yard. No extra charge for pets.
No TV: There is a stereo, books and board games and broadband/WiFi (good speed and reliable).
Smoking outside is okay, please collect own butts, and don't set the place on fire. No candles please.
There is no aircon. Heating is primarily from the Coonara wood heater, firewood is supplied. We have a large industrial fan for warmer months.
Please take your rubbish away – there is no collection service.
Cleaning is included in the price but we expect guests to leave the place in a tidy state, dishes washed, dried and put away for example. Please see Terms and Conditions. Bathroom is outside via a walkway. There is a second new toilet near the front door but it is also outside. Stepping into the deep bath to bathe or shower would be problematic for anyone with any mobility issues and unsuitable for the disabled.
Please check Terms and Conditions before booking.
1 Bathroom, 1 Bedroom, 2 Toilet
Sleeping2 Double bed, 1 King bed
CookingCooking utensils, Kitchen stove, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Spices, Toaster
EntertainmentBroadband Internet, Stereo system, Telephone
SanitaryShower, Hot Tub, Washbasin
LaundryClothes dryer, Iron & Board, Washing machine
OutsideCharcoal grill BBQ, Deck chairs, Bicycles, Private Garden
16 McBurnies and Boags Road , Walkerville, 3956, Australia
Liptrap Loft Address:
16 McBurnies And Boags Road via Tarwin Lower 3956
Check in after 2pm
Open the farm gate and drive through the bush, after a couple of turns you will see the house. The keysafe is on the side of the house, between the two red windows, opposite the large concrete water tank. Code 169. Please return the key to the keysafe when you leave.
* Please remember to bring towels and linen for the extra beds. The king 4 poster bed will be made up for you on arrival.
Fleur’s Favorite Things To Do:
1. Snorkelling around Bird Rock, Walkerville, South Beach. There is rocks, caves, heaps of fish and interesting sand formations. An all-round great beach for kids.
2. Coastal walks – Walkerville to Bear Gully including rock hopping, beautiful sandy beaches and Bear Gully-Cape Liptrap for more of the same. Make sure you pay close attention to tides.
3. Sitting on the deck watching the birds at dusk, then later, stargazing if the sky is clear.
4. Trulli Pizza Meeniyan. Authentic, delicious southern Italian style pizza: The best eating in the region.
5. Waratah Hills Winery for an afternoon drink: A Relaxed and lovely setting.
6. The Big Drift -This is a massive sand dune close to the entrance to Wilsons Promontory National Park that is walking its way across the Prom.
7. Storehouse Koonwarra -Artisan lifestyle store with unique quality pieces.
8. The rail trail from Leongatha to Koonwarra (Koonwarra to Meeniyan also especially good).
9. Wilson’s Promontory beaches. Breathtaking!
10. Valley Plains Pottery. Zac Charmers- Leongatha South……..
and….. a sneaky
11th. Ride the Wild Goat in Fish Creek, extraordinary art from recycled materials.