Shearwater Beach House
- SQM 225
ONE OF THE ONLY PROPERTIES IN THE AREA TO PROVIDE A FULL LINEN SERVICE
Shearwater Beach House is situated in the Promontory Views Estate in Walkerville, South Gippsland. It is a relaxing getaway suited to families, couples and small groups looking for a retreat with spectacular scenery and stunning beaches to explore within the landscape of South Gippsland. It is a spacious newly built home featuring two separate living areas, ideally suited to two families. There is plenty of room to find your own space or gather together. Children are easily entertained downstairs in the open-plan living area. The main living area with lounge and firebox and huge dining table is next to the kitchen, making preparing meals easy.
Located on the eastern side of Waratah Bay, Shearwater has views across Waratah Bay to Bass Strait and Wilson's Promontory and of Cape Liptrap National Park.
This remote pocket of Victoria offers wilderness adventurers much to explore within spectacular scenery. Situated close to the unspoiled beaches of Walkerville (2 minutes drive), Waratah Bay (15 minutes), Sandy Point (15 minutes), Fish Creek (20 minutes) and Venus Bay (20 minutes). It lies 25 minutes from the entrance to Wilson’s Promontory National Park.
It is a place to spend a weekend, a few days or ideally a week to relax, restore and unwind.
Things To Do
If you don’t know Walkerville, it is:
- Twenty five minute drive to gateway of Wilson’s Promontory National Park.
- Two minute drive to Walkerville Beach. Walkerville South is famous as “Magic Beach” from the Alison Lester children’s book.
- A great base to explore The Prom Country region - wineries, galleries, eateries.
- Aside from Wilson’s Prom, there are plenty of National Parks to explore.
- Two hours drive from Melbourne. Travel time has been significantly reduced with improved roads and overpasses.
- The surf rarely gets too big, so it’s an ideal place to introduce kids to surf skills.
- Explore Cape Liptrap. Harsh and beautiful.
- Visit Fish Creek for locally produced arts, crafts and produce.
- Ride or walk the rail trails throughout South Gippsland.
Linen and towels are included and beds will be made up for you on arrival. BYO beach towels.
- Master: 1 King bed with ensuite and large walk-in wardrobe. Balcony with Prom views. Level 1.
- Bedroom 2: 1 Queen bed, with access to a toilet. Level 1.
- Bedroom 3: 1 Queen bed with shared ensuite. Ground level.
- Bedroom 4: 2 Sets of double bunk beds (Sleeps 4), with shared ensuite. Ground Level.
- Bathrooms: 2 Bathrooms, one with a toilet, 2 additional toilets
In the kitchen you’ll find a stove-top with 4 hotplates, an oven, microwave, toaster and multiple coffee-making options. Pots, pans, knives, bottle openers and all your standard eating/ drinking ‘usuals’ are included. There is also a Webber BBQ, with hood, in great condition with a spare gas bottle.
There is a great kitchen to cook in, so we recommend staying-in and cooking up a feast. We invite you to use the basic condiments found in the pantry such as salt, pepper, spices, olive oil, coffee, tea and Vegemite. Rubbish bags, dishwasher tablets, glad wrap and other household essentials are provided too.
Coffee equipment: DeLonghi Espresso machine, coffee grinder, stove-top espresso pot and 8-cup coffee plunger.
There are two televisions - both with DVD players. One has Google Chromecast. There is limited data WiFi as well as board games and a small selection of books and magazines.
Linen and towels are provided. Beds will be made up on arrival to the number of guests specified in the booking. BYO Beach Towels.
Dogs are welcome, please keep them outdoors and not inside the house. We have set up a dog bed and bowls for food and water on the undercover deck downstairs. Naturally, we expect you to clean up all dog mess left in the yard. The back and sides of the property are fenced with basic wire fencing. The front is fenced with a large timber fence and gate on both sides. So it allows your dog to be enclosed on the property, but it is not dog proof.
MOBILE PHONES & WIFI
Guests whose mobile phone provider is Telstra should find coverage easily inside the house, on both levels. Other service providers are not as reliable, but guests should generally have reception out the front of the house.
You’ll find Instructions for connecting to WiFi in the information folder.
Shearwater is a large house. It requires between 6 - 8 hours cleaning each stay. Big groups take much longer to clean-up after and use more electricity, water and firewood, so we have set up a sliding price scale. There is a flat rate for up to 4 guests. Each guest above this is an additional $50 per night – this way small groups aren’t excluded and it covers the additional cleaning and utility costs for larger groups.
UNDERSTANDING HOLIDAY RENTALS
Holiday rental differs from city living and hotels. If you haven't stayed at a Dufflebird property, or are new to holiday renting, let us know and we can guide you through it, including:
- Tank Water
- Solar Hot Water
- Rural Electricity
- Septic and Sewage
- Packing Up
There is more information in the Rental Agreement.
Shearwater is priced to make the property attractive to both smaller families and also groups of up to 10. Big groups take much longer to clean-up after and use more electricity, water and firewood, so we have set up a sliding price scale. There is a flat rate for up to 4 guests. Each guest above this is an additional $50 per night – this way small groups aren’t excluded and it covers the additional cleaning and utility costs for larger groups. A flat rate works well for some properties but are trialling this system to make it less expensive for smaller groups.
Shearwater is a spacious house with two separate living areas. It’s ideal for two families to enjoy a holiday together, but equally suitable for a single family or group of adults. It's close to beaches, and all the delights of South Gippsland and Wilson's Prom. On booking, we will send you information detailing everything you can do in the region. We hope you enjoy your stay as much as our previous guests.
2 Bathroom, 4 Bedroom, 2 Living room, 3 Toilet
Sleeping1 Baby crib, Bed linen, 1 King bed, 2 Queen bed, 4 Single bed
CookingBlender, Child's high chair, Coffee machine, Cooking utensils, Dishwasher, Grill, Kitchen stove, Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Spices, Toaster
Heating/CoolingAir conditioning, Ceiling fans, Central heating, Fireplace
EntertainmentDVD-Player, Broadband Internet, Stereo system, TV (Satellite)
SanitaryHair dryer, Essentials, Shower, Towel-set, Washbasin
LaundryClothes dryer, Bathroom & Laundry, Iron & Board, Washing machine
MiscellaneousFire Extinguisher, First aid kit, Smoke Detector, Vacuum cleaner
ParkingParking Included, Roofed carport
OutsideCharcoal grill BBQ, Private Garden
39 Acacia Road , Walkerville, 3956, Australia
Shearwater Beach House Address:
39 Acacia Road
* Acacia Rd is also known as Fish Creek-Walkerville
Check in after 3 pm
Fleur’s Favorite Things To Do:
1. Snorkelling around Bird Rock, Walkerville, South Beach. There is rocks, caves, heaps of fish and interesting sand formations. An all-round great beach for kids.
2. Coastal walks – Walkerville to Bear Gully including rock hopping, beautiful sandy beaches and Bear Gully-Cape Liptrap for more of the same. Make sure you pay close attention to tides.
3. Sitting on the deck watching the birds at dusk, then later, stargazing if the sky is clear.
4. Trulli Pizza Meeniyan. Authentic, delicious southern Italian style pizza: The best eating in the region.
5. Waratah Hills Winery for an afternoon drink: A Relaxed and lovely setting.
6. The Big Drift -This is a massive sand dune close to the entrance to Wilsons Promontory National Park that is walking its way across the Prom.
7. Storehouse Koonwarra -Artisan lifestyle store with unique quality pieces.
8. The rail trail from Leongatha to Koonwarra (Koonwarra to Meeniyan also especially good).
9. Wilson’s Promontory beaches. Breathtaking!
10. Valley Plains Pottery. Zac Charmers- Leongatha South……..
and….. a sneaky
11th. Ride the Wild Goat in Fish Creek, extraordinary art from recycled materials.