Flying Duck Orchid
- SQM 100
Find your Freedom at The Flying Duck Orchid.
Inspired by Anglesea’s Caleana major orchid, the Flying Duck is a rare Australian bloom that only grows in the wild:
Shaped like a tiny duck,
its head held high,
purple wings swept back.
As if ready to take flight,
that’s the call to freedom,
from this boutique retreat,
across from the wildflowers of Anglesea Heath, and the ocean.
Sun-Kissed Living - Modern Meets Mid Century
- Radiant with light from its north facing aspect
- Newly renovated kitchen and bathrooms with all the essentials
- A mid century vibe brings the 50s and 60s to life across a cosy home of eclectic furnishings
- Spot the vintage gems dotted across the house
- Wrap yourself in the boutique luxury of solid beds and fine grade linen
Fairy Hunters and Fur Kids
- Walk across the road to a magical expanse of natural heath, woodland and forest. Anglesea Heathland is home to over 80 different types of orchids, erupting into a sea of vibrant colour in spring. This is exactly the place to find fairies – hiding amid Sun Orchids, Bush Peas, Blue Stars, and Sweet Wattle.
- Dog friendly (inside and out)
- An adventure for children and pooches with a big flat fenced yard, trampoline, books and toys
- Sliding doors to the deck for cool drinks and a BBQ at sunset, enclosed from the wind
- Walk amid the flowers, hit the trails on a mountain bike, or explore the region with your fur kid (on leash)
Bush and Sea
- In easy reach of the beach and the bush, 30 metres from Anglesea Heath park entry
- Right on the fringe of a wildlife corridor that stretches from Anglesea to Cape Otway
- Borrow our bikes and boogie boards. Ask us for the best spots to surf or swim
- Watch the kangaroos gather at dawn and dusk at the golf club
- Explore glorious white beaches, towering red cliffs and hidden rock pools
- Visit cascading waterfalls and prehistoric trees in the Otways
Discover a tranquil sanctuary rich in biodiversity and natural wonder
• Fully self-contained house
• North facing deck enclosed from the wind
• Fully equipped laundry
• TV, lots of DVD’s, games and puzzles
• Spring-less Trampoline
• Indoor wood fireplace, not for use until winter (safety requirements to be met)
• Clean, comfortable beds with quality pillows
Sleeps 7 people (with a trundle bed if you need to sleep 8): 3 bedrooms , 2 bathrooms (2 showers, no bath) laundry with WC.
• Master bedroom with en-suite and queen bed
• Second bedroom with queen bed
• Third bedroom with a single bed, bunk bed and trundle bed
Interaction with guests
This is the first time we have managed something in Anglesea where we live. We are excited to be able to offer a more hands on approach. There is also a key safe for those who prefer not to be disturbed.
If you are unfamiliar with holiday house rental and how it varies from hotel room rental let us know and we can talk you through it.
A lot of time, effort and money has work has gone into making Flying Duck Orchid a special place. It is dearly loved by its owners. We hope to attract the sort of people who will respect the property and enjoy it as much as they do.
No parties or events. The property is available for your quiet enjoyment, with respect to neighbours and the local community.
Please make sure you consider the Terms & Conditions carefully on booking.
Full linen service. Beds will be made up for you on arrival. Cleaning on departure is included.
PhONE Reception & Wifi
Phone reception in Anglesea is good across all networks. We offer NBN internet and WIFI. It is pretty fast. Please don’t download movies or big files.
Well behaved dogs and cats are welcome inside and out.
No bond. No extra charge. We just ask strictly not pets on furniture or beds and you clean up after your dog in the garden. Its vital that future non pet owning guests are not impacted.
Prices listed are based on 4 adults. The booking system will calculate the exact price when you book.
The property has 5/6 beds and sleeps a maximum of 8 people.
Only the guests nominated and agreed in the Booking may stay in the property overnight. Overloading could render the guest liable to termination of the booking.
Off peak, we have a 2 night minimum. Ask us about discounted rates for an extra or third night.
2 Bathroom, 3 Bedroom, 1 Kitchen, 2 Living room
EntertainmentBroadband Internet, TV (Antenna)
OutsideGas BBQ, Private Garden
95 Harvey Street , Anglesea, 3230, Australia