At Dufflebird, we love unique and exotic things, but not when it comes to viruses. With COVID-19 restrictions easing and travel being permitted within the state, we are excited to be opening our doors once again to visitors.
Of course, we take health precautions very seriously as we want to protect you, our valued guests, as well as our staff and regional communities.
None of the communities where Dufflebird properties are listed (those currently open as of June 1, 2020) have had cases of COVID-19 that we know of and we will be doing our best to keep it that way.
So as a precautionary measure to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable experience, we’d like to ask all our guests to assist by doing the following:
COVID Safe App
All guests are strongly encouraged to download and use the COVIDSafe App. Information on this app can be found here. https://www.health.gov.au/resources/apps-and-tools/covidsafe-app/covidsafe-help
Additional booking information
As required by government guidelines, we will need additional details and names of all guests who will be staying, including children.
What to bring
Our holiday homes are well-equipped for you to cook your own meals. However, we prefer that you bring your own groceries to reduce your need to visit local stores unnecessarily. If you wish to shop for items locally, please be respectful of all physical distancing requirements at each store.
For the time being we will ask all guests to bring their own pillows and hand sanitisers.
All cushions, blankets, throws and pillows have been removed.
All of our properties have key-safe lock-box, which means you can check yourself in. Please text us when you have arrived and when you depart at the end of your stay. To assist with the thorough cleaning and smooth running of the property, please adhere strictly to check-in and check-out times.
During your stay
Please respect all physical distancing requirements to our neighbours and the surrounding neighbourhood and wash your hands regularly - particularly when you have returned to the property after visiting other locations.
Remove your shoes before entering the house.
No additional visitors are allowed on the premises.
If you become ill during your stay. Should you develop any symptoms that could be COVID-19, please let us know immediately and arrange testing.
We know the situation is constantly changing, so if government guidelines change again and you are asked not to travel due to COVID-19, we will offer a full refund.
If you develop any symptoms potentially related to COVID-19 or there is any chance that you have been exposed to an infected person before your arrival, we ask that you please stay home and reschedule your booking.
Likewise, in the event that our cleaners or caretakers develop any COVID-19 symptoms, we will ask that they stay home and we will use back-up staff instead. In the event that we cannot arrange a last-minute fill in, we will need to reschedule or refund your stay.
Changeover/cleaning between bookings
Having worked for many years as an intensive care nurse, I have considerable experience in hospital-grade cleaning and will be taking the following added measures:
- We will need to allow a minimum of 24 hours between bookings to accommodate enhanced cleaning practices. This includes but isn't limited to disinfecting all high touch and low touch surfaces.
- We use a commercial linen service at most properties where linen is washed and pressed to hospital standard (linen laundered for Shellback and Liptrap Loft is not laundered in a commercial facility, but laundered at high temperatures with antiseptic agents).
- Extra steps are taken to avoid cross contamination between properties.
- Our cleaners will clean with disposable gloves and change them frequently as they move around different areas of the property.
- In addition we will provide a box of disposable gloves, a can of Glen 20 disinfectant and paper towels. This is purely for your peace of mind. We ask that you make use of these to wipe down high-touch surfaces (light switches, remotes, etc.) as an added measure when you arrive.
Bookings and availability
As there is high demand for our holiday homes at the moment, we have paused our online travel agent listings, such as Airbnb and Stayz, for the time being.
While we are considering all bookings, we are currently giving priority to our frequent flyers, guests who have previously stayed and our subscribers. Preference will also be given to longer stays, out of consideration for our neighbours and to allow for the minimum 24-hour gap required for cleaning between bookings.
To manage this effectively, we have switched off the automated instant booking facility on our website and will be handling this process manually for
If you have any questions relating to COVID-19 procedures, please contact Fleur on 0428688263..
Fleur Leslie R.N CCRN
- We have thinned the flock and will no longer be working with AJoy Beach House or Lorne Farm Play. Both are great family friendly properties, but the owners want to take them in a different direction that Dufflebird is moving to.
- Boogoodoogada and Sol.us Portsea will be closed until September at this stage. For those who know sol.us Portsea, it is currently undergoing an exciting renovation, so stay tuned!
- The Flying Duck Orchid in Anglesea is For Sale. We will be taking bookings midweek for June and July but not beyond that at this point. If it doesn’t sell, we will resume bookings. www.realestate.com.au/property/95-harvey-st-angles..
Properties currently open